In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Brief INTRODUCTION Chart of ISLAMIC FIQH ACADEMY (INDIA)
Establishment and Background of the Academy :
Any jurisprudence or law survives only when it is actively functioning, the process of life and its activities also depend on a living law, the definition of law is a very sensitive responsibility. The Islamic jurisprudence FIQH has the tenacity to stand the test of changing times since it depends on the guiding principles of the religion, which have been derived by the FUQHA- Islamic Jurists from the book -Quran and the Sunnah- traditions of the Messenger, for all periods keeping in view the demands of that period of time.
There was a time when such scholars existed who had the overall knowledge of the jurisprudence of Islam based on their insight of the Book and Sunnah and the overall objective of Shariah, these people were aware of the demands of their time so therefore these people found solutions to the challenges of their time without losing hold of the basic guidelines portrayed in the Shariah and the FATAWA or the judicial pronouncements of these people had the acceptability of the Muslim society and were a bench mark for their periods. The present situation is such that there are revolutionary changes taking place in the society, there is a plethora of developments in science and technology. The world has turned into a global village. Livelihood and financial issues have given new challenges, people who wish to follow the Shariah have hundreds of such issues for which they turn to Ulema -Islamic Scholars and Muftis - people with the knowledge of the Islamic jurisdiction and on the other hand there is a scarcity of such scholars who could solve even one of their problems based on the religious knowledge which could be acceptable to the Muslim community as a whole. Therefore the need was there to establish a joint congregation of people with the desired standard of Islamic knowledge which could come up with solutions to their problems consistent with the Shariah. We find examples of such groups coming together even in the period of the Companions of the Prophet SAW and afterwards too. This was the reason for the establishment of “Islamic Fiqh Academy (India)” wherein the resources of the people with the knowledge of the Islamic Jurisprudence on the one hand and the experts of the modern developments are being pooled. It is a matter of pleasure that the rulings of the Academy, consistent with the spirit of the Sharia, while keeping a balanced approach, have found acceptability with the the Deoband school of thought and majority of the jurists and now this literary and research work has come to the point of much appreciation and acclaim.
About IFA :
Islamic Fiqh Academy (India) was established by some Islamic religious scholars for the purpose of searching for Sharia solutions to new problems, and to unite Islamic scholars, irrespective of differences in their thoughts and ideologies, bringing them on a common platform, for collective contemplation and debate on contemporary issues in Sharia perspective, in order to achieve targets, in line with strategies and distinction, following the middle path and collective ijtihad, adopting the opinion of the majority of Jurists as the basic methodology characterized with moderation in their works, bringing the Islamic scholars on a single platform in respect of the important issues with comprehensive thinking.
To make the Academy the highest reference point in India for the Indian Muslim Community in the light of the Islamic Sharia in present as well as in the future.
To prove the vitality of Islam by offering solutions to the problems, by highlighting the bright image of justice to build bright future.
Basic Objects :
A. To play the role of the Academy on the leadership level.
B. To deal with the problems and address the contemporary issues.
C. To render solutions to the developments and arising problems.
D. To achieve the confidence of the Indian Muslim Community and to strengthen it.
The Aims and Objects :
1. To find solutions for the contemporary problems brought up by the developments and changes in social, political, economic, industrial and technological spheres of life, in the light of the guidelines provided by the Qur’an and Sunnah and ideas and interpretations of the (companions of the Prophet and other pious classical jurists and scholars).
2. To make collective efforts to find out solutions to the contemporary problems or those problems of the past which demand rethinking and research in the changing circumstances in line with the principles and methodology of Fiqh.
3. To conduct research projects on interpretation of the sources, principles, methodologies, paradigms and other theoretical concepts of the Islamic Fiqh and their application in the present time.
4. To conduct contemporary interpretation of the Islamic Fiqh.
5. To publish the works of eminent savants and authentic Islamic institutions in the contemporary idiom and style as the common academic and juristic legacy.
6. To obtain fatawa and opinions of the contemporary research Islamic scholars and authentic religious institutions in current issues, then to publish them for Muslim groups.
7. To promote co-ordination between all Juristic and research institutions to examine the judicial verdicts vis-à-vis the interpretation and application of Islamic Law in India and abroad and to collect, edit and publish the verdicts (both published and unpublished) of the eminent savants and intuitions as the common academic & juristic legacy in the contemporary idioms & style, in order to preserve it for the benefit for the future generations.
8. To inform people about the problems arose in the field of economics, sociology, medicine, customs of different cities, environment and demographics in India and abroad and to inform them about the results of the studies and researches carried out about them.
9. Review of judgments passed by the courts in India and abroad as to the application of Islamic Laws and to publish their results.
10. Review of doubts and objections regarding the Islamic Law by orientalists and others and to present right perspective in this behalf.
11. To prepare literature consisting of the solution to new issues and challenges faced by the Muslims in contemporary idiom and style.
12. To encourage brilliant young Islamic scholars and to prepare them to become researchers and to contact Islamic scholars so that they should participate in their preparation by way of interacting with them in a single center of research.
13. To prepare an index on different topics relating to the Islamic Jurisprudence.
14. To arrange necessary facilities of the contemporary education for the brilliant and intelligent graduates of Islamic Madaris and of the religious and juristic education for the scholars of universities aiming at the preparation of a new generation well versed both in religious and modern sciences.
15. In reference to the aforesaid aims and objectives, to organize seminars, symposia, make study teams, organize training and juristic workshops, establish academic, educational and research institutions and to accomplish, subject to our resources, what is appropriate and beneficial in order to achieve the respective aims and objectives.